Friday, June 17, 2005

I'm the only bee in your bonnet

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
who watches over you?

make a little birdhouse in your soul

not to put too fine a point on it -

say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
make a little birdhouse in your soul

- They Might Be Giants


Actually, other than the poetic and rather upbeat tune of this song that catches my attention. I have no idea what it means.

Never really caught on to TMBG, but if they're stuff is like this, your not the boss of me now!

Conjecture conjecture : Birdhouse in your Soul

Even the wiki isn't sure what this songs means.

Anyone else know of songs with less than obvious meanings?
I can think of a few:
American Pie - Don Mclean (thank you Singapore idol for maiming this song)
Mr Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw

I want to rant about music, and how the lyrics of today pale in comparison to those of yesterday.
but I shall collect my thoughts. mebbe later? :P


1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger name said...

I can't get the coldplay song "Yellow". Keep thinking of vincent and the whole sunflowers, starry starry night deal but then it seems like some kinda warped love song or something..

And your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones/ Turn into something beautiful/ Do you know?/ I bleed myself dry.

And then there's the lemon tree song..

Think the bonnet song wins lah.

gen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home