Thursday, January 05, 2006

In touch with the ground

I'm on the hunt I'm after you.


well not literally of course. today's post is in homage to the gargantuanormous booboos that I personally have made when I was a poor unemployed schlob trying to get a half-decent (read: paying) job. (currently i'm a poor employed schlob!) In any case I'm sure that many of us have have to go through several days of torment when writing our first CV, and typing out our first cover letters.

A good friend of mine who shall remain nameless, is currently attempting to upgrade schlob status. after several nights of tearing hair out and mangling komputerkeyboards, finally completed her resume (which I think is pretty awesome for a schlob). The next phase would be to start sending her resume out. Like most of us in recent times would most likely send out our self-composed-blow-your-own-horn pieces out via email. And with email, comes a multitude of stupid things that you can do to screw your chances with a prospective employer.

I present to you, 4 reasons why I didnt get *that* job.

Reason 1
"....thank you for your time, please find attached a copy of resume...."

* then promptly forgets to attach resume *

* hits the send button *

Reason 2
I use MS Outlook for email... so...

"Dear Sir ..."

* presses CTRL Enter by mistake, which sends the email *

Reason 3
Sent the wrong cover letter to the wrong person.

Reason 4
I did Reason 1 at least twice, Reason 2 about five times, Reason 3 at most four times I think.

I'm sure there are other stupid things I did. but these were among the dumbest.

Dear nameless, please do not emulate me.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god i hope not!! sigh. this is all too scary too soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home