Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Why do words get in the way?

Ever had to say something, but no matter how many ways you thought it through in your mind, you could never find the right words?

Some people have told me I talk too much. Some people have said they value wat i say, others think im full of crap (myself included).

then you could always say to me "tell the truth", "be honest", "keep it simple". but it aint always so simple to be honest and tell the truth. when a single misplaced word could really hurt someone (not necessarily me)

so i resolve to talk less.. and listen more. so that the impact/poignance of wat i say will actually be better than the random crap that i usually spew.

why have i suddenly gone into an introspective of myself? i dunno..

dang.. i guess its age.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger shu said...

i learnt this in bible study over in vancouver.

that you should not only a model for yourself (i.e. Jesus)
but you should also be aware that sometimes others are looking at you as a model for themselves.

everyone's watching

but my thick skin sometimes never makes me feel exposed!!!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger thegrOOve said...

well.. i guess then.. that i sorta make sense,
ah well.. damn =D

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihi ... got to know abt ur blog thru the wholivesnearyou.com website.. so juz tot i'll drop by to check it out! :)

do visit my blog if u r free eh!
www.xanga.com/samantha_lim

Have a nice day!

Cheers, Samantha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home