Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Life as Garden Gnome

Everything comes up roses.

You reap what you sow.

-insert-garden-variety-adage-

While waiting for the tow truck to tow brown's car......

Once in awhile, I come to realise how much I've missed when whizzing by on my high horse.

I forget to pay attention to people, to things that used to matter. It wasn't so long ago that I was fed up with working for incompetent people. It wasn't so long ago that I was directionless in my career. It wasn't so long ago I didnt have a clue as to what I was doing and why I was doing it.

A normal day then would have passed with nary a care. I really did not or rather, would not give a shit. But much time has passed, and with time wounds heal and the bitterness and resentment over my last employment stint have passed. What remains now is pity, not for me, but for a good friend who is still toiling her way in that shit hole. She assures me her time there is short and for that I'm grateful. It was my fault she got into that place.

Fast forward to now. I love my job. I see my purpose, and I want to etch it into a career.

I'm also very very very very lucky, the woman who for the past 3 years has been my companion, my confidante and my best friend, has decided that we'd be better off upgraded to a different status. I've seen her manage her way through university, and now trundle through the beginnings of her fledgling career with the juggernaut. I've heard her happy, and seen her cry, and see her tremble with anticipation. She reminds me that there are many things more important in life and shows me what I sometimes forget. Her passion and dedication inspires me.

I am so proud of her.

I am so proud of you.

so proud.


Thank you for sharing the garden with me.

bob the porcupine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home