Friday, September 17, 2004

1 down 51 to go.

Weeks that is.

i'm into my first week of a one year as a contract software developer.

good things about the new job:
1) more money then the crap i was getting earlier
2) more structured and definately a place i can learn new stuff
3) i start at 830 and end at 530

bad things about the new job:
1) the people in my department are either channel 8 or vesantham central.
2) lunch in the area is bloody expensive
3) i start at 830 and end at 530

Yeah, living in a different timezone for the last 2 years doesnt help me trying now to merge back in with the rest of the corporate meat. but i'm still trying to adjust my sleep patterns... im trying to sleep by 1am everynite... but so far.. im still hitting 3 or 4am.. and waking up at 715.

but there is something nice about waking up early, when i found out what it is, i'll tell you.

but seriously, i like the peacefulness of the mornings. when even the doggies are asleep, and my rabbit is happily munching his morning carrot. the morning bus rides with the other denizens od the cbd has been mostly un-entertaining. everyone is lost in their own small corner and hoping to grab that extra half hour nap. but it does give me some time to think, and ponder about life and about the stuff thats been bugging me. hard to describe the semi-confused state of myself. but i think it was emerson who said,

There only 2 tragedies in life,

One, is to not get your heart's desire,

and the other is to get it


he's one smart dude.

am Currently listening to Mr Big's Aint Seen Love Like That.

I've been miles from nowhere
Crossed and doubled back
Time is a healer
And I've done my time
Cause I ain't seen love like that

put emerson and mr big together... thats me.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger shu said...

heheh a little irrelevant.. but i'm reading emerson this term for american lit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home