Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Would you believe...

Maxwell Smart,
Agent 86,
CONTROL,

a.k.a

Inspector Gadget,
Cartoon Character,

a.k.a

Father of Cecily,
who is Ishka,
who is Quark's Mom,

is dead.


I guess another page in my wry, self-depracating history is closed.
I remember coming home from primary school and rushing to catch the madcap antics of my favourite super spy thats not Mr. Bond.

Even now, the damn theme song is playing in my head. I can see him stumbling through the closing doors as the strangely, but not oddly mantled doorways slowly grant him access to HQ.
I'm a product of what i've watched on the telly as a kid. namely, The Muppet Show, Get Smart, A-Team, Knight Rider, and a gazzortment of other shoes from the early to late eighties.



I've always wanted a phone in my shoe. and i want to build a nude bomb.


goodnight don, thanks for the laughs.


Don Adams,
82,
Comedian, Actor
-
Obituary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Adams

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger shu said...

sigh.

and i remember asking you over the summer if you remembered a show where the closing credits seem to involve someone walking through a hallway with the sliding doors closing behind him with each step he took.

the remnants of a then five year old's memory.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger thegrOOve said...

yeah.

I guess the doors closed for good this time.

and ur still 5 years old sometimes. :P

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's especially true since i'm in a country where i can still get my clothes from the kid's department store.

-shu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home