Monday, January 30, 2006

wo chi bao le

I learnt a new cure for the hiccups.

or rather, I learnt of the existence of a supposed cure for the hiccups.
Earlier this afternoon I was recounting a story of my evening of hiccups.

Late saturday nite, after the pre-requisite reunion dinner, I headed down to Acid bar with Jac, Ian and Shuhei. Val and Ian dropped by later. :D

anyway, after a few drinks and some calamari I developed a case of the hiccups. The usual hold your breath and look up at the sky trick didnt work and i was getting very tired of the constant muscle spasm. You know how hiccups are damn devious.
I though i had got the better of them, when all of a sudden, without warning, Michaela, Acid's musician for the nite, had just ended a song, and silence settled over the bar, "Urp!" an extremely, uncharecteristic, malu-atingly loud Hiccup escapes into the already ominous silence.

but i digress.

"Wo Chi Bao Le" mandarin for "I have eaten enough"

repeated 5 times is an instant but highly odd cure for the hiccups. or so Jbean says.
i'll remember that before the next time i malu myself in a bar.

edit: I hiccuped my way to a stiff neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home