Monday, October 10, 2005

New things Old

Currently playing on my iTunes, is Queen & Paul Rodgers.

More than a decade after the demise of the most dynamic frontman to front any band and have an equally illustrious solo career, and one of the most important bands of the 20th century are on the road again.

Paul Rodgers, of Free and Bad Company fame, has been called on to wear the mantle of the late, great Freddie M.

So i'm listening to the CD, and immediately, sonically its Queen. Roger/John/Brian are unmistakable. its like they've started where they left off. albeit with a slightly more mellow, mature tone. then paul sets off, and you immediately start with the comparisons.

Paul != Freddie

Never was and never will be. You can't replace Freddie.
But Paul is amazing in his own right. he adds something, but also left me wondering what the band would have been like if Freddie didnt die.


got me thinking... Am I expendable? would my non existence be of any importance to anyone other than my creditors?

Have i been a thorn in your backside?

i hope so :P

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes and tremendously prickly as well.

jonah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home